Skip to content
Facilities and Services of the ACT Heritage Library
- Photocopying in black and white up to A3 size is available. Charges apply.
- Microfilm and microfiche readers and copiers are available. Charges apply.
- Image reproduction from our Images ACT database is available. Charges apply.
- Use of digital cameras to copy collection items is permitted and should be discussed with reading room staff.
- All copying is done in compliance with the Australian Copyright Act and the the NSLA Guide to Copyright for Clients. Please be aware that some collections are subject to donor restrictions on copying and these agreements must be honoured by Libraries ACT.
Loan of ACT Heritage Library Materials
- The ACT Heritage Library is primarily a reference library with a responsibility for preservation of the documentary heritage of the ACT.
- ACT Heritage Library items are not for loan with the exception of material within our two lending collections: A small collection of local histories and other material of local interest in Fyshwick and the Local Author Showcase at Civic Public Library.
- Loan of items from these collections are according the policies and procedures of Libraries ACT for public library materials.
- The ACT Heritage Library has kits for recording oral history, which are available for loan to members of the community, to record stories that will be included in the Heritage Collection. (Loan of these kits is dependent on the oral histories being suitable for inclusion in the Collection.) Find out how to borrow an oral history recording kit here.