Is your child a library member?
Is your child aged between 0 and 5? Are they a library member?
Register your child as a library member and get a free picture book to keep and discover what the library has to offer them and you (while stocks last, between 12 November 2020 and 14 February 2021). A special children's membership card is available.
Giving a child their own library membership can help them develop ownership and responsibility. It's a way they can have their own experience of independence and helps build their confidence by letting them do things themselves.
Teach them about:
- Taking care of books and things that belong to someone else.
- Organisation and time management to make sure they return their library books and other items on time.
- The difference between borrowing and buying.
Let them choose their own books and see their motivation to read grow. Library membership will support your child's literacy and language development and set them up for success at school and all aspects of life.
You can also check out the library's great online programs for kids by clicking on the link below.
Conditions of free book offer
- This membership campaign starts at the opening of business on 12 November 2020 and ends at close of business on 14 February 2021.
- The standard Libraries ACT Membership and Loans Policy applies.
- Eligibility for the free book is only for children aged 0 to 5 (that is, children born from 2015 to 2021 inclusive) where their parent/guardian registers them for their own junior library membership during the applicable period (12 November 2020 - 14 February 2021) or their own junior membership details are updated (i.e. re-registered) during the applicable period (12 November 2020 - 14 February 2021).
- Children who are already registered as active junior members of Libraries ACT (i.e. their membership exists and has been updated/re-registered) are not eligible for the free book.
- Books cannot be given to children already registered for membership where that membership is already updated/re-registered.
- Free books are only available while stocks last and for memberships registered at a library branch.
- Only one free book will be given to each eligible child.
- The only free books available are those available at the library your visit and register your child at. Alternative books (titles) cannot be transferred between libraries or held for collection.
- Free book titles include: Hush Say the Stars by Margaret Spurling and Mandy Foot; Wilbur, Grace and Joe by Phil Cummings and Amanda Graham; I Spy Food with Penny Pear and Friends by Raising Literacy Australia; and Busy Little Creatures by Fiona Bowden.