Libraries ACT Reading Challenge
Up for a challenge? Take our in-house reading challenge. It’s not a competition – unless you make it one - but it is a way to kickstart your discovery of new books.
Download our 2019 Reading Challenge bookmark.
Keep track of what you read by ticking books off the list as you go.
Don’t forget to share what you’re reading on social media, using #readingchallenge #whatareyoureading #CBRreads @LibrariesACT.
2019 Reading Challenge
- A genre you've never read before
- Something that makes you laugh
- Has a one-word title
- Features time travel or slime slip
- Written under a pseudonym
- That celebrates diversity
- Set in an imaginary or alternate world
- Crime fiction
- Features food
- Something you can read in a day
- Has a green cover
- An eBook or eAudiobook
- Set in Africa
- A gothic story
- Something you want to re-read
- Something you regret not having read yet
- Recommended by family or friend
- From/about antiquity (before Middle Ages)
- Epistolary (letter or diary format)
- Recommended by library staff
Previous reading challenges
- Download our 2018 Reading Challenge bookmark.
Chief Minister’s Reading Challenge
The Chief Minister’s Reading Challenge is a program to get kids reading books. We have lots of great books you can borrow and read as part of the Chief Minister’s Reading Challenge.