Libraries ACT Reading Challenge
Up for a challenge? Take the Libraries ACT reading challenge. It’s not a competition – unless you make it one - but it is a way to kickstart your discovery of new books.
Download the 2020 Reading Challenge bookmark (PDF 331KB)
Keep track of what you read by ticking books off the list as you go.
Don’t forget to share what you’re reading on social media, using #readingchallenge #whatareyoureading #CBRreads @LibrariesACT.
Kids who want to take a reading challenge can download our Chatterbox Reading Challenge in A4 or Chatterbox Reading Challenge in A3.
2020 Reading Challenge
- First published the year your were born
- A First Peoples story
- A story that would make a great movie
- Written by a local author
- With a female lead character
- With a purple cover
- A short story
- A crime story not about a murder
- A genre you have never read
- With a watery theme
- Second-hand book
- Translated from another language
- Set in the future
- The 3rd book on the shelf in front of you
- About a dynasty
- A magazine on a new topic
- including gender diverse characters
- Featuring a skill your ancestors had
- Written by someone under 25 or over 75
- About nature or the environment
Previous reading challenges
Chief Minister’s Reading Challenge
The Chief Minister’s Reading Challenge is a program to get kids reading books. We have lots of great books you can borrow and read as part of the Chief Minister’s Reading Challenge.