Library volunteers / Volunteering in Libraries ACT
Volunteers play an important role in enhancing and extending the services that Libraries ACT provides to the Canberra community. We recognise and appreciate the significant effort, support and commitment from our volunteers.
Currently we have volunteers who:
- Sort ephemera and photos at the ACT Heritage Library
- Deliver items to members of the community who are physically unable to visit the library and often socially isolated
- Facilitate English Conversation Classes
- Sort former library items for the Book Roundabout project
- Run social programs
- Help members of the Canberra community improve their literacy skills
- Assist with the running of the Makerspace at Civic
If you are interested in becoming a Libraries ACT volunteer please apply though Volunteering ACT. Visit the Volunteering ACT website and search under ‘Library Services’ to see what positions are available.
For other enquiries, please email LibraryVolunteers@act.gov.au. Please note if your enquiry is an application or to find out what positions are available, you will be redirected to the Volunteering ACT website.
For further information please read the Libraries ACT Volunteer Policy.