Borrow at a branch or use My Account to reserve items. You can also borrow eBooks, eAudio and digital magazines
We charge fees for overdue items. If you can’t return your items before they are due, you can renew them online, at a branch or phone 02 6205 9000.
The standard borrowing period is 4 weeks. Popular items can be borrowed for 2 weeks. To check the due date use My Account, phone 02 6205 9000, or print and keep a receipt when you borrow.
To renew items use My Account, phone the library, or visit a branch.
- Items can be renewed up to 3 times.
- Items requested by another member cannot be renewed.
- If your items are overdue, you will need to phone or visit a branch.
Items can be returned to any of our branches, regardless of which one they were borrowed from.
- All libraries have external chutes for returns which are available after opening hours.
- Chutes can be opened by scanning the borrowed item, which unlocks the chute. Secure chutes will reject unknown or dangerous objects. It is important to place only one item in the chute at a time.
- Chutes at our Woden and Gungahlin branches are equipped to also recognise and remove the scanned item from your membership.
If we don't hold the item you are looking for, you may be able to borrow it from another library in Australia. This is called an Inter Library Loan, and can be made online, or at one of our branches. A fee of $16.50 per item will be charged when you request Inter Library Loans. Once you have made this request you will need to pay this fee even if you don’t collect the item
How to request an Inter Library Loan
- Check our catalogue to make sure that we don’t have a copy of the item you are after.
- Complete an online form to request the item. We will contact you by phone or email when the item arrives.
Delivery usually takes 1 to 3 weeks depending on availability. If you still can’t find the item you’re looking for you can suggest the library purchase it.