All library branches have computers with free access to the Internet, word processing, spreadsheet and other office software.
- If you want to save or upload documents, please bring your own USB device.
- Printing is available from these computers. There is a fee for printing.
Bookings are essential for all computer use and can be made online, in person or by phone on 62059000.
To make a booking you must be a library member and will need your library membership number and PIN. Remember to bring this with you when you visit for your allocated time too.
- If you are an ACT resident and not a library member, you will need to join the library.
- If you are not an ACT resident, when you visit the library you will need to show identification as proof of non-residency, and ask for a single-use guest pass when making a booking.
- You will need to arrive within 10 minutes of the start of your booking or it will expire (e.g. if your session is due to start at 10am, you need to start it by 10.10am).
- There is a maximum booking time of one hour per person per day.
Internet and computer training is available at specific times. Bookings are essential.
You can also check for other programs and events.
Wireless Internet access
Free wireless internet access is available inside the library during library opening hours.
Connecting to the wireless network:
- Power up your laptop or device.
- Open wireless networks and connect to the network called ACTLIS.
- The Conditions of Use for Public Library Internet Access Services will be automatically displayed. Read and accept the Conditions. If you do not accept the Conditions, the system will not allow you to use the wireless network.
- You do not need a user name or password.
- When you have finished using the internet, exit from your web browser.
- You will need a laptop or other device with standard inbuilt wireless or wireless LAN card/USB.
- Your laptop must be configured to ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ (DHCP).
- Please note that the library is unable to provide technical assistance to configure equipment for wireless access.
- Printing is not available via the wireless network.
- Do not leave your laptop or other devices unattended. The library cannot guarantee the security of your equipment or personal items.
- Please note that communications over a wireless network are not secure and information sent to or from your laptop or other devices can be captured by someone else.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any damage, direct or indirect, arising from your use of the wireless service, including virus transmission, pop-ups or spyware.