Library Fees and Charges
Some library services attract a fee. Current fees and charges include:
- Replacement of lost cards
- Lost or damaged library materials (plus an administrative fee)
- Room hire
- Inter library loans
- Image reproduction (ACT Heritage Library)
We encourage payments to be made online through the Access Canberra Make a Payment website.
- Log in to the My Account feature of the online library catalogue to check your membership record for the amount to be paid. You need your library card and PIN to do this. If you do not have a PIN, visit the library to get one.
- Go to the Access Canberra Make a Payment website.
- Complete and submit the form to make your payment (the account number is your library membership number).
Note: Payments made online will not be processed until the following working day. EFTPOS and credit card facilities are not available at library branches.
If you wish to dispute a fee on your library account please complete and submit a request to remove fees form.
Borrowers can only dispute fees under extenuating circumstances or library error.
Not receiving library notices, which is a courtesy service only, is not considered an extenuating circumstance or library error.
Please be aware: Library staff are not empowered to waive fees. The Financial Management ACT (no.22 of 1996) states that: "The Treasurer may by instrument, on behalf of the Territory... waive the Territory's right to payment of any amount payable to the Territory". Normally fees will only be waived under exceptional circumstances.