Freegal Music Downloads
Freegal Music is a service which enables Libraries ACT members to download music from the Sony Music catalogue, which includes hundreds of thousands of tracks.
This service is made possible due to a deal between Library Ideas, LLC and Sony Music Entertainment - and a subscription paid by the library - under which library members are entitled to download up to three (3) tracks or one (1) video per week for free. A video counts for two of your weekly downloads.
Music includes both Australian artists (e.g. Pete Murray, AC/DC, and Guy Sebastian) and international artists (e.g. Il Divo, Beyonce, P!nk, Bob Dylan, and Usher).
You will need a valid library membership number and PIN to download music tracks or videos.
How Freegal Music Works:
- Library users have a weekly download limit of three (3) tracks or a video which count for two of the weekly downloads.
- Keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site.
- Every song has a sample clip you can listen to before you download.
- Downloads are all in the MP3 format with no Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- This service will work with any MP3 player, including iPod, and can be loaded into iTunes. It works on both PCs and Macs.
- Be sure to check out the browsing areas, especially Artists A to Z (bottom of page) and the genre lists (menu bar).
- Click on see all genres to view dozens of categories.